It takes courage to acknowledge a need for support and finding the best drug rehab can be an overwhelming experience at times. However, it is a vital step toward recovery. Choosing a provider that can offer quality care tailored to your individual needs is critical.
This guide will allow you to learn more about what rehab entails, what options may be available to you, and how to find and contact a drug and mental health rehab facility that meets your needs.
What is Rehab?
Drug and mental health rehab, which is short for rehabilitation, refers to treating substance use disorders, such as addiction. Numerous types of drug rehabs offer wide-ranging services, from evidence-based intervention programs to residential, inpatient amenities like yoga to medication-assisted treatment. The goal of rehab is to address the use or misuse of substances through long-term plans that support sobriety. 
Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Every person’s journey with substance use is unique, and finding treatment options tailored to your individual needs is essential to successful recovery. There are many varieties of drug rehab services available today, but a few of the options are listed below.
- Detoxification: Also known as medical detox, detoxification is often the first step in most drug or alcohol rehab facilities. As a first step, detoxification is vital to recovery as it helps your body free itself from a substance. Medical detox helps support the process of overcoming physical and mental withdrawal symptoms.
- Outpatient Treatment: Outpatient rehab programs allow people to engage in treatment while still living in their own homes. It is tailored to the client’s schedule so they can continue to engage in the responsibilities of their daily life.
- Inpatient Rehab: Inpatient rehabs, also called residential rehabs, create treatment solutions where people can live on-site to receive supervised, structured care as they work to overcome addiction. The length of inpatient programs varies and is often followed by outpatient services.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): PHPs work best for medically stable individuals to live at home but benefit from heightened supervision and structure often found in inpatient rehab programs. When engaging in a PHP, you will go to a hospital or treatment facility for most of the day to receive treatment and then return home in the evening. 
- 12 Step Programming: The 12-Step program offers a foundation for the early stages of sobriety and builds coping skills, accountability, and a framework that supports recovery after initial therapy. 12-step meetings frequently occur as outpatient events but are commonly integrated into residential rehab programs too.
- Medication–Assisted Treatment: Medication can help recover from addiction by reducing cravings, minimizing withdrawal symptoms, or creating adverse effects when using a substance. Medications are often used alongside other treatment interventions and found in inpatient and outpatient rehab options.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: It is not uncommon for those struggling with substance use to also struggle with a mental health disorder, called a “dual diagnosis.” The goal of dual diagnosis treatment is to provide treatment plans that involve a combination of medication and behavior modification to manage the co-occurring conditions.
Each of these treatment options varies when it comes to their intensity. It is essential to ask a provider about each option available and understand what will work best for your recovery journey.
How to Find the Best Drug Rehab for Me?
Two of the most critical factors in choosing a rehab are cost and knowledge. Finding the best drug rehab means seeking options within an affordable budget while also ensuring care is provided by licensed experts. Your symptoms will dictate the type of intervention you may need and whether an inpatient or outpatient rehab is right for you. Questions to consider asking when finding a drug rehab center near you are:
- What types of addiction does your treatment center specialize in?
- What types of individual therapy are available?
- Is the facility licensed? What are their credentials?
- What is their approach to aftercare?
- What are the available payment options?
At Northlake Recovery, we use evidence-based detoxification procedures and therapies to help patients achieve long-term sobriety. We provide customized plans for everyone, considering their personalized needs at every step of the way. If you or someone you love struggles with addiction, please reach out today. Finding the best drug rehab is a critical step in your recovery journey, and the team at Northlake Recovery is ready to meet you where you are. Get the help you deserve today.