Take a closer look at our drug and alcohol treatment programs
Integrated Trauma Treatment
Trauma and Substance Abuse
The word trauma covers many negative life occasions. It is specified as an experience in which an individual fears for their safety, goes through extreme pain, or witnesses a tragic event. In some instances, injury is persistent, or continuous. In other situations, the injury is limited to one incredibly disturbing instance– this is called severe trauma.
- Traumatic events might consist of the following:
- Physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse
- Witnessing the injury or even death of others
- Experiencing violence, abuse, or neglect
- Witnessing violence in the home or community
- Having a family member attempt or die by suicide
- Being a part of combat
- Coming from a household that a parent was treated violently, abused substances, had a mental illness, was incarcerated, or went through a divorce
- Natural disasters
- Any sort of accident such as a car wreck or a bad fall
- Seeing or experiencing violent acts
Trauma at a young age, also known as adverse childhood experiences (ACE) is a big influence in whether an individual has substance abuse or mental disorders later on in life. According to a study done by the University of West Virginia people who were exposed to 4 or more ACEs are:
- 2x more likely to smoke
- 2x more likely to have cancer or heart disease
- 6x more likely to be depressed
- 7x more likely to be alcoholics
- 10x more likely to inject drugs
- 12x more likely to have attempted suicide
- Men with 6 or more ACEs were 46 times more likely to have injected drugs than men with no history of adverse childhood experiences
What is Integrated Trauma Treatment?
Integrated treatment is using a combination of holistic complementary therapy as well as traditional clinical treatments to tackle the issues associated with trauma. Individual and also group treatments provide a comforting environment in which to resolve past trauma in order to allow the client to have a healthier future.
Addiction is rooted in negative life experiences and also very early life traumas, and we understand that the only way to deal with these problems is to acknowledge and deal with them. By getting in touch with the emotional damage created by past traumatic experiences, awareness is promoted, and real long term recovery can take place.
Trauma Therapy for Substance Abuse
Our viewpoint is that an addicted life is a life of isolation, deceptions, indignity, remorse, as well as lies. A recovered life is one of integrity, healing, accountability, and awareness. If you feel you or your loved ones can benefit from Northlake’s highly involved trauma treatment programs, please reach out to us. Our pleasant personnel are ready to address any kind of questions you may have.
We approve insurance coverage from over 25 significant suppliers.
”Northlake Recovery saved my life. I went there in June of 2020, and I haven’t touched a substance ever since.ChrisSober since 18/10/2020
Why Choose Our Drug Rehab Center?
Our Positive Treatment Outcomes – These consistently outperform those for our competitors. By applying a “client-directed, outcome-informed” approach that is highly personalized to the needs of each client, and by measuring our outcomes with the help of an independent third party, we are continuously evaluating what is working well and what can be done better in serving our clients’ treatment needs.
The Purpose of Detox – What to Expect from Our Florida Medical Detox Program
The purpose of Northlake Recovery’s drug and alcohol detox program is to provide clients with a safe, comfortable and complete withdrawal that will help clients transition to the next level of treatment— all within the peace, privacy and convenience of our self-contained, three-acre campus. Our brand-new, state-of-the-art Florida detox center is situated near the beach. Northlake Recovery is also conveniently located near three major airports (Palm Beach International, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International, and Miami International), close to leading area hospitals (Jupiter, JFK, and Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center), and enjoys easy access to one of the nation’s leading recovery hubs (Palm Beach County).
Here is what to expect from our drug and alcohol detox program:
- A thorough medical and clinical assessment upon admission
- A customized plan of care for your treatment needs
- 24/7 high-level medical supervision of withdrawal symptoms
- Renowned high safety standard, including one-on-one monitoring for clients who need it
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for cravings, if needed
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment for co-occurring mental disorders