The Help Guide in collaboration with Harvard Medical School defines addiction as a powerful influence on the brain…
Addiction involves craving for something intensely, loss of control over its use, and continuing involvement with it despite adverse consequences.
Anyone who struggles with addiction knows this to be true. Because of this powerful influence, many people who choose recovery enroll in an out of state program.
13 Benefits of an Out of State Rehab Facility
- Break from Relationships: It’s hard to focus on recovery when surrounded by people who are affected by the addiction. Hurt feelings and family responsibilities can be difficult to manage while trying to get and stay sober. A rehab facility out of the home state can offer a needed break for everyone involved.
- Break from the Addictive Environment: A change of scenery offers a break from places, people, and memories that encourage substance abuse.
- Escape from Relapse Triggers:Beginning recovery can be tough. Life in a new place offers a fresh start away from relapse triggers.
- Increased Privacy: Starting rehab for substance abuse out of your home state offers more privacy. It is harder to run into someone familiar when you are in a new state.
- Guard a Professional Reputation: Many professionals fall into addiction to manage stress. It’s difficult to get addiction recovery help while safeguarding a professional reputation. A rehab out of state offers more privacy for those needing to protect a reputation; theirs and the company’s.
- Eliminates Distractions: Being in another state eliminates the distractions of daily living, giving the recovering addict space to focus on living one day at a time.
- Leaving the Comfort Zone:Being out of one’s comfort zone promotes change. There are no expectations leaving one free to explore new possibilities.
- Solitude: Being in a new environment provides peace and quiet time to consider life choices.
- Community of Sobriety: Choosing a rehab facility in a state that offers a large community of sobriety helps the recovering addict to form new relationships. Ones that will encourage a healthy lifestyle and sobriety.
- Chance to Start Over: Many recovering addicts find the change of scenery offers a new outlook on life. Some stay in their new community even after rehab is complete.
- Hard to Quit: By traveling to a new state for rehab, it becomes difficult to leave treatment before completion. Money for travel and lack of family close by encourages the recovering addict to complete treatment despite the difficult moments.
- Finding the Right Help: It may be necessary to travel out of state to find a rehab that treats a specific addiction or a dual diagnosis of addiction and mental disorders.
- Finding the Right Location: Rehab can be challenging. Pick a location with the right climate. Many recovering addicts find that warmer days’ ease some of the physical discomforts of detoxing.
Advantages of Choosing Northlake Recovery in Southern Florida
Aside from the 13 advantages listed above, Northlake Recovery offers therapies designed for each individual. The recovering addict will be involved in daily group therapy. Other therapies include private counseling, chiropractic care, massage, art and music therapy, and optional 12-Step meetings.
There are many activities offered to help the recovering addict rebuild a holistic lifestyle. Physical activities such as yoga, surfing, snorkeling, golfing, fishing, cycling, bowling, and paintball are available. For those looking for a more relaxed experience; movies, video game tournaments, and a music studio can occupy free time.
Choose Northlake Recovery for Your Out of State Rehab Facility
Northlake Recovery in Southern Florida is here to help you on the road to recovery. A rehab facility out of state offers a chance to overcome addiction without distractions. Call Northlake Recovery at (561)-770-6616. Addiction Recovery Specialists are waiting to help you now.